Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Studio Makeover













The studio got a makeover at the end of 2007.



I painted, organized, and added new magnetic strips from IKEA.
These handy strips make displaying art a snap.
New on display below
(center) is my holiday promo art.












It's painted in acrylics on Arches Watercolor buff paper.
The original measures 14" X 21". Even with the larger size, the last animals on parade were challenging to paint!

Here's a closer look at the last three animals,
each is only one inch tall on the original art.
Good thing they make tiny paintbrushes!






To the left of my holiday promo art is my
Picturebook Artist's winter art post. Let's zoom in...

2 comments:

Paula Pertile said...

Wow Sharon, I love your studio!
I guess I need to make a trek to IKEA. I didn't even know about those magnetic strips.
And I love the little animals!

Andy J Smith illustration said...

Looking forward to the day when my studio is not also my wife's sewing/junk storage/weight room! Yours looks great! Enjoy the big windows and happy illustrating!!